25.1.09

And then BOOM!

For 8 months now I've really been trying to make sure Jax has the best possible womb or whatever it is possible.... 
and then BOOM! Are you kidding me... no.... the truck got totaled in a crash. AHHHHH (everyone is okay, not to panic). 

Matt drove me to the hospital to get checked out, and what I thought was going to be an "in and out" procedure took a bit longer. Apparently I was having contractions so they had to hook me up to an IV (the first I've ever had.... that took two nurses and five stabs later) and gave me shot to stop this little one from wanting out. So, rather than freaking out in there, I read some great smut mags, watched scrubs, and of course, took a picture for the blog. 


I also sat in sheer amazement that I had no idea that I was having contractions. The nurses kept asking me "Can't you feel them," but I really could not. Now I'm all paranoid that I'm going to go into labor and not even know it. No home or early births please! Oh God, and I have to get my roots done! I'm in the hospital bathroom that day thinking "OMG I'm going to be in labor with roots... how embarrassing! " Ha, all these serious things to worry about and I'm worrying about roots. 

So... now I lay laughing at the words "birth plan" as life has provided yet another lesson of how unpredictable it all is, reminding myself to never fool myself into thinking that "I have it all under control", humbled by the fragility of us all, and motivated to always cherish those small, almost insignificant of moments, as we just never know what is around the corner... literally. xoxo 

Oh... and Happy 8 months Jax! Mom, dad, grandmas, grandpas, cousins, aunts, and uncles are already so proud of how strong and brave you are. So just stay in there a bit longer because we still have some last minute tasks to do and Aunt pretty (?... my sister still has not figured out what she'll be called. Better hurry it up!) would totally freak if your arrival conflicted with the shower 'cause she's been working so so hard on it:) Loves to you! 

2 comments:

The Three Little Bears said...

I just read this morning that we have contractions that start in the first trimester and last during the WHOLE pregnancy. We just usually feel them and if we, they are referred to Braxton Hicks. I hope that is the case for you! restowes

The Three Little Bears said...

"restowes" is the stupid word verification that they asked for. lol. alkabi is the next one.